Monday, April 20, 2015

Exploring con mis amigas

I can't believe tomorrow will be one week in Spain already. I heard the month goes fast so I have decided it's time for fun! Today after school, Jordan, Emily and I decided to go out in town. We had a blast! Most importantly we all ended up home safely tonight. Phew! We walked to the bus station that is not far from school. When we were on the bus we ran into Ashely, our supervisor at St. Paul's. Lucky us! He told us where to get off to catch the metro, which was a lot quicker. He even walked us into the metro and helped me buy my train/bus pass. Off to a great start! We rode the metro into Placa de Catalunya. This area was full of people and many shops to see. We walked down to La Ramblas and took in the sites. It's sort of incredible how you can look around and find beauty alll throughout the town. After a while we decided to sit outside at a restaurant and order an appetizer as well as Jordan's first Spanish sangria. Yum! Afterwards we went back to the metro and took it to the stop that is right infront of my house. There is also a mall at this stop so we ran in there to end the night. I was able to walk home safely from here. Finally getting brave!! Here are some pictures of our night. I can't wait to explore some more with these ladies and bring some more friends along with us!

All of the chocolate at the market. A bit pricey but oh so delicious. This market was absolutely crazy! Maria told me they might put a limit on tourists there so the locals can enjoy it as well. 



Such beautiful views!



It was a great start to my week. Mondays aren't so bad when you spend them in Spain 😉

1 comment:

  1. I hope you remember your Auntie Pam when you are buying your limit of chocolate over there! So glad you are getting to explore and see such beautiful sights! Love the photos you are sharing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete