Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sant Jordi's Day

It was very neat to be in Barcelona on Sant Jordi's day and to be able to experience the traditions. Sant Jordi (Saint George) slayed a dragon in order to save a princess. Now this day is marked as a day of love very similar to our Valentine's Day. The men give the women roses and the women give the men books. There were stands selling books and roses all over town. 

I started St. Jordi's day off right! Lucas' dad dropped us off at school and bought this rose for me. So sweet! 


The school had an assembly in the morning where the older students put on a play about the story of St. Jordi. Here is Sant Jordi slaying the dragon! 


Here are some of my cute 2nd graders after the play was over. Alejandra, Andrea, Toria and Sophia are BFFs. 


After school, my friend Emily came home with me so we could go to the city centre and see the celebrations. Maria went with us and rode the metro for the first time in 5 years. Haha! She is a little too good for the metro. This is not a very good picture but it gives an idea of the crowds and all the booths selling books. 


Here's Emily and I enjoying our first ever Sant Jordi's day. 


We ate at a wonderful crepe restaurant. I will definitely be going back.


Maria, myself and Emily at a store that had these cool books as decoration. 


I can't believe another week has gone by! Off to Rome tomorrow with 4 other girls. SOOO EXCITEDDD!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment