Sunday, May 3, 2015

Another weekend adventure

This weekend I went to England with Brianna, Emily and Jordan. Emily has a friend, Polly, who lives about an hour outside of London so she let us come stay at her house. It was so nice to be with her family and out in a beautiful area.

Here is a picture of their home. 


The first night we went to visit Stratford upon Avon. I loved it here. So pretty and so full of history. 


Above is a statue of William Shakespeare and below is the home where he grew up. 


We ate at one of the oldest pubs in England and the meal was delicious. The food was a lot more similar to American food than it is in Spain. It was also nice to be in a country where everyone speaks English. 

We went to bed early to catch a train in the morning for London. 

Our first stop was Buckingham palace. 



What are the chances that Kate would go into labor the day we were visiting London?!? Here is the easel outside of the palace that announced there was a new princess. Living history! 


Who doesn't love free souvenirs? 


Here's Big Ben! 


And the London Eye! (Brianna and I were going to take a ride but the line was way too long.) 


There were so many people performing on the streets. How cute is this little old man? 


We got to see some traditional English dancing because it was the weekend of May Day which is May 1st. 


We visited the store Harrod's which was like it's own little city in itself. This is one of the most famous stores in Europe. 


We were all very worn out on our train ride home. It was a long but exciting day of exploring.

Today Polly's family made us a wonderful Sunday lunch. The flags are on the table to celebrate the new royal baby! 


Leaving England was hard because we had such a nice homey atmosphere all weekend. Polly's mother cried when she told us goodbye which broke my heart because it reminded me so much of my own mom, the lady who cries about everything. It's a bit hard flying back to Spain and not flying back home. There is only about one week left here so I need to make the most of it even though I'm ready for America. I also need to make the most of the time I have left with my host family because I already know telling them goodbye will be very hard. Here's to my last week abroad!



No comments:

Post a Comment