Tuesday, May 5, 2015

School days

I absolutely love working at St. Paul's. I think this might be what I'll miss most in Barcelona. My mentor teacher, Catherine is someone I really look up to and aspire to be like once I'm a teacher. I started teaching some lessons in Science, Math and Language last week and now this week, my final week, I am teaching all of these subjects. In Science the students have been learning about the different parts of plants and their functions. Here is a picture of greenhouses that the students made. They put seeds with a wet paper towel in the clear pouch and put it in the window for sunlight. The seeds have started sprouting some and the students are so excited. Such an awesome activity!


Here are some students in the Reading/Writing class. They have read a story about dogs and learned the 5 freedoms of animals in shelters. There is a woman who rescues dogs coming in on Thursday to talk to the class which should be very fun. These boys below are designing posters about the freedoms of animals. 


Miss Lola with her poster. 


In math the students have been learning about measurement and have also been learning their multiplication facts. On Friday I am teaching a lesson on capacity  which should be interesting considering they use different units of measurement. When I mentioned using cups as a unit Catherine looked at me like I had 5 heads and reminded me that they use liters. Haha!

My last week, just like the whole trip, is going by very fast. I have been doing some exploring around Barcelona after school and making the most of my time here. Post and pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment